Here at Harris Lamb, we’re always on the look-out for talent to enhance our team. While we’re actively recruiting for a number of vacancies, we’ve always got room within our ranks for experienced, enthusiastic team players, so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you think that you’ve got the skills we need.
And in case you’re wondering why you should work for us, let us tell you a bit about our latest Investors In People assessment, our organisation was given a glowing report which cited high staff satisfaction levels, applauded the excellent levels of trust, security and professionalism, applauded our stance on upholding a work-life balance, and praised our approach to mentoring and providing in-house education and career advancement.
With high staff retention levels and a team of more than 70 enthusiastic, dedicated individuals, we’re looking to grow Harris Lamb to make it better than ever. Should you be part of the Harris Lamb family?
Generous salary negotiable dependant upon experience.
We’re looking for an experienced Project QS to join our busy Building Consultancy team and get involved in a full range of commercial, retail and industrial developments ranging from £500k up to £5/10m.
The successful candidate will have a strong QS background in feasibility budgets and estimates and must be able to work independently in these areas. The role includes general contract management and valuation, and will involve working with others to manage and control design and project coordination.
Consultant/Senior Bat Ecologist
Location: Birmingham, Worcester, Nottingham Office with option for remote working
Salary: £25,000-£34,000 full time (part-time considered)
Closing Date: 13/04/2018 (may close early)
Harris Lamb Planning Team are looking for an experienced ecologist with a bat licence (or close to obtaining one) to join their newly established Environment Team. You will work with a large team of planning and environmental consultants on a wide range of regeneration developments. The post comes with highly competitive salary and package as well as significant scope for further progression and career development. We are happy to have an initial chat if you wish to find out more about the role and Company.
• Project Management – organising and undertaking a range of field surveys, client liaison and consultations
• Desk studies – obtaining, reviewing and assessing existing ecological information
• Designing, organising and carrying out bat surveys and supporting with other general ecological surveys
• Assessment of the impacts of proposed developments, developing recommendations for the mitigation of ecological impacts
• Production of ecology reports and other documents
• Supporting at client meetings and providing advice to clients
• General administrative/management tasks relating to project quality, environmental issues, health and safety (including risk assessment), and marketing
Capabilities & Qualifications
• You will hold a relevant Degree
• Ideally a full member of CIEEM or working towards full membership
• Level 2 bat licence or demonstrably close to obtaining one
• In-depth knowledge of bat ecology, survey methods and mitigation
• Excellent project management skills
• Ideally hold or contributed to survey and/or development licences
Graduate Rating Surveyor
Due to successfully securing new work our Rating Team based in Birmingham and Nottingham is looking to expand and has an opportunity for a Graduate Surveyor.
The successful candidate will enter a team with a diverse portfolio of work acting for a wide variety of clients providing strategic advice on all aspects of their Business Rates overheads. Knowledge of Riverlake or similar rating software would be advantageous, although not essential.
For the above vancancies, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org