Here at Harris Lamb, we’re always on the look-out for talent to enhance our team. While we’re actively recruiting for a number of vacancies, we’ve always got room within our ranks for experienced, enthusiastic team players, so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you think that you’ve got the skills we need.
With high staff retention levels and a team of more than 80 enthusiastic, dedicated individuals, we’re looking to grow Harris Lamb to make it better than ever. Should you be part of the Harris Lamb family?
SENIOR SURVEYOR/PROPERTY MANAGER
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced property manager at Senior Surveyor level to join our Property Management team, taking responsibility for the management of a diverse commercial property portfolio, predominantly based in the Midlands region.
Core responsibilities include:
- Managing the transition of clients / property instructions efficiently in and out of the department.
- Ensuring statutory compliance is being adhered to on all sites under their management, including acting on or escalating any issues of non-compliance.
- Regularly reviewing leases and check accurate data is being maintained on our property management system (Propman).
- Undertaking routine property inspections in accordance with client instructions, and in line with the terms of the property management agreement.
- Regularly reviewing and ensuring all necessary insurance valuations are being undertaken by the client, providing accurate insurance data to the client’s appointed broker for renewal, and ensure all insurance premiums are being recharged to tenants accordingly.
- Ensuring all rent demands are raised accurately, and in accordance with the terms of the leases.
- Ensuring credit control targets are being achieved for both rent and service charge collections, and that suppliers are being paid in accordance with their payment terms.
- Working with the Regional Facilities Manager to review and obtain client approval on service charge budgets.
- Regularly reviewing service charge cash flows and budgets on a monthly/quarterly basis, subject to client requirements.
- Reviewing and approving service charge year end reconciliations in accordance with RICS guidelines and client instructions.
- Reviewing tenant applications in accordance with their lease terms, preparing client recommendations, and obtaining client instructions.
- Preparing and ensuring all client reports and associated data is prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Being responsible for arranging and chairing occupier management meetings, where required.
- Being responsible for taking the appropriate action in response to any legal notice that may be received in relation to a managed property
- Identifying and progressing any opportunities of cross selling additional services to our clients.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Preferably RICS qualified – but not essential.
- Ideally experienced in managing a mixed portfolio of commercial, industrial and retail properties.
- Continually updating knowledge of legislation changes relating to property management and RICS guidance. •
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relations, as the role will involve regular and direct communication with clients, occupiers, suppliers, and internal colleagues.
- Applying the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and procedural requirements including the terms of the leases.
- Ability to contribute towards team and departmental business plans
- Being able to work as part of a team, supporting other team members, and recognising the work of others
- Being able to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Maintaining a positive attitude towards routine tasks, as well as having accurate and exceptional attention to detail.
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously, and as part of a wider team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established team, offering opportunities for career development.
SENIOR PROPERTY MANAGER
Competitive salary plus benefits, and excellent opportunities for career progression.
We are looking for an experienced property manager at Senior Surveyor level to join our Property Management team, taking responsibility for the management of a diverse commercial property portfolio, predominantly based in the Midlands region.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in managing a mixed portfolio of commercial, industrial and retail properties. The role will also require regular and direct communication with the in-house management accounts team, and associated support staff.
Applicants should direct CVs to Shirley Greenlees at email@example.com
Generous salary negotiable dependant upon experience.
We’re looking for an experienced Project QS to join our busy Building Consultancy team and get involved in a full range of commercial, retail and industrial developments ranging from £500k up to £5/10m.
The successful candidate will have a strong QS background in feasibility budgets and estimates and must be able to work independently in these areas. The role includes general contract management and valuation, and will involve working with others to manage and control design and project coordination.