HARRIS LAMB SECURES £3M SALE OF KIDSGROVE SITE TO ARNOLD CLARK
Harris Lamb has sold an eight-acre site in Kidsgrove to Arnold Clark Automobiles Ltd to house a storage and distribution hub for more than 1,000 cars.
A price in excess of £3m was secured for the Linley Road site, which was previously occupied by AAH Pharmaceuticals for warehousing and distribution.
The old building was demolished last year, leaving the 8.79-acre site clear for redevelopment. Having successfully obtained planning permission, the motor group will shortly commission construction work on a vehicle preparation and amenity block.
Andrew Groves, who oversaw the sale on behalf of Manchester-based Realty Estates, said: “This site will be used as a storage and distribution centre for up to 1,100 cars, which will be brought down from Arnold Clark’s Scottish base and subsequently distributed to the company’s network of dealerships in Staffordshire and the Midlands
“The business was attracted to the site as it was one of very few flat, level sites within North Staffordshire and South Cheshire available to buy.
“That opportunity, combined with its size and its access links to the motorway network meant that it ticked every box for the business. We secured a price in excess of £3 million for the site. It represents a great investment into the region and continues to cement its reputation as a UK employment hub,” he added.
The Arnold Clark was established in 1954 and has gone on to operate 200 dealerships across the UK. The business also has 130 service centres, 40 accident repair centres and 13 parts centres.
Colliers International acted for Arnold Clark.